SUPERVALU provides a web-based Dock Scheduling application through SVHARBOR that gives suppliers and carriers even greater control of delivery appointments at SUPERVALU Distribution Centers.
This internally developed Dock Scheduling application provides 'self-scheduling' capabilities for suppliers and carriers alike through the Internet. The user-friendly application automates and streamlines the delivery appointment process, thus eliminating delays and saving valuable time while arranging for a dock appointment.
In addition, when access to the Web is not available, it provides an alternate self-scheduling function using an automated phone system. This application streamlines scheduling and saves time and labor for everyone involved in the process.
- Carrier Self-Scheduling capability on one (1) screen with no phone calls
- If Internet access is not available, a carrier or supplier can self schedule using the automated phone system
- Use the Internet and/or telephone system to schedule and confirm appointments
- Reduces carrier wait-time and minimizes demurrage
- Eliminates dock congestion
- Real-time visibility and communication
- Provides forward visibility of all Purchase Orders
- Allows for more effective and efficient planning of equipment and personnel
- Provides visibility to dock utilization and scheduling performance
- Corporate-wide visibility
- Automatic exception monitoring for late or unscheduled loads
- 24-hour per day access to the scheduling system, 7 days per week
- Access the application from anywhere that you have an Internet connection or telephone
Delivery Appointment Options
- For many suppliers and/or carriers, the system can automatically transmit a delivery appointment date and time as part of the EDI transaction when the purchase order (PO) is sent to the supplier.
- Otherwise, authorized suppliers and carriers on SUPERVALU's SVHarbor web portal can schedule, reschedule, and confirm appointments through the Internet via SVHarbor.
- Alternately, you can schedule, reschedule, or confirm the Delivery Appointment through an automated telephone system by dialing (952) 828-4206.