SVHarbor Web Site License and Terms
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING SITE USE
These terms and conditions govern use of the SVHarbor Website (the Site), which is maintained by SUPERVALU INC. As used in this Agreement, SVHarbor means SUPERVALU INC., and/or affiliates of SUPERVALU INC., as appropriate in the context. Additional terms and conditions applicable to specific areas of the Site or to particular content or transactions are also posted in particular areas of the Site and, together with these general terms and conditions, govern your use of those areas. These general terms and conditions, together with such additional terms and conditions where applicable, are referred to as this Agreement.
By using the Site, you express your understanding and agreement that you are bound by these general terms and conditions. By using areas of the site on which other terms and conditions are posted, you express your understanding and agreement that you are bound by those terms and conditions as well. If you are unwilling to be bound by these general terms and conditions, do not use the Site. If you are unwilling to be bound by terms and conditions applicable to particular areas of the Site, do not use those areas. By using the Site, you also express your understanding and agreement that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including export and re-export control laws and any applicable local laws. Accessing or using any portion or feature of the Site from any territory where such portion or feature of the Site is illegal is prohibited. SUPERVALU may revise this Agreement at any time and will provide reasonable notice of such revisions on the Site. By continuing to use
the Site after such notice is given, you express your understanding and agreement to such revised terms. Purpose and Use of Site SUPERVALU maintains the Site for the purpose of promoting and facilitating on-line commerce with its authorized users who have entered into agreements with SUPERVALU permitting the use of the Site (Authorized Users), including such features and functions as: (a) promoting products and services marketed by SUPERVALU, (b) furnishing pricing and other information relating to such products and services, and (c) facilitating commerce with respect to such products and services by electronic means.
Access to the Site is restricted to Authorized Users and the authorized employees of such Authorized Users who are assigned passwords enabling access to the Site. Authorized Users are authorized to use the Site and its contents only for purposes incidental to the purchase, sale and promotion of products and services marketed by SUPERVALU and for such other purposes as may be authorized in particular areas of the Site, such as Web access and e-mail. Except as expressly authorized by SUPERVALU in this Agreement, neither the Site nor any of its contents may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, or otherwise used or exploited for any commercial purpose. Authorized Users may not create any links to the Site from any other website that is accessible by parties other than their authorized employees. Password Access Access to the Site requires the use of a password issued by SUPERVALU. Each password is to be kept confidential and is not to be disclosed to anyone other than the Authorized User employee to whom it
is assigned and the Authorized User manager responsible for administering the assignment and use of passwords by Authorized User's authorized employees. Authorized User is responsible for all activities that occur through the use of such passwords, including unauthorized use, and for promptly notifying SUPERVALU of any unauthorized use of a password assigned to a Authorized User employee or any other breach of security with respect to the Site or when a Authorized User employee to whom a password is assigned leaves the employment of the Authorized User. Authorized User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold SUPERVALU harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by SUPERVALU as a result of use of the Site by any person using a password assigned to one of Authorized User's employees, excluding any claims asserted against SUPERVALU based on the alleged infringement of any third party's copyright or trademark rights as a result of the use authorized by SUPERVALU of content provided by SUPERVALU . SUPERVALU, in its sole and absolute discretion, may at any time terminate or otherwise restrict access to and use of the Site by Authorized User or any of its employees.
SUPERVALU Intellectual Property
The Site and all of its content (including but not limited to all text, images and software) are the property of SUPERVALU or its licensors and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and/or other laws. In addition, certain information available on the Site is SUPERVALU trade secret or confidential information designated as such and available only to select persons for limited use. The authorization granted by this Agreement to use the Site and its content is a limited license, not a transfer of title, and neither this Agreement nor any use of the Site or its contents shall transfer any other right, title or interest in any material or information available on the Site. SUPERVALU reserves all intellectual property rights not expressly granted to Authorized User under this Agreement. Except as expressly authorized by this Agreement, Authorized User may not (a) copy, modify, distribute, display, transmit, use or prepare derivative works based upon the Site or any of its contents; (b) use or disclose price or other information which is identified on the Site as being confidential or otherwise restricted; (c) remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice from any portion of the Site or any of its contents; (d) sublicense, sell, rent, lease, lend, assign, share, transfer or otherwise distribute to any third party any of the contents of the Site or permit access to the Site by any third party; or (e) except as expressly permitted by local law, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to "reverse engineer" any software contained in or accessible on the Site. "Mirroring" the Site or any of its contents is prohibited.
Transactions for the purchase or sale of goods or services facilitated by use of the Site will be governed by the terms of this Agreement unless specifically stated otherwise in a particular area of the Site. No additional or different terms contained in any Authorized User purchase order, document, transmission or other communication shall be binding upon SUPERVALU unless agreed to by SUPERVALU in writing.
The material and information on the Site may contain technical, typographical or other errors or inaccuracies (including errors, inaccuracies or omissions relating to product or service descriptions, pricing or availability) and may not be complete or current. SUPERVALU does not warrant that any material or information on the Site is accurate, complete or current. SUPERVALU may change any material or information on the Site at any time without prior notice, but SUPERVALU does not make any commitment to update material or information on the Site. SUPERVALU attempts to display as accurately as possible the colors of the products shown on the Site. However because the colors you see will depend on your monitor or printer, among other things, SUPERVALU cannot guarantee that your monitor's display or printer's reproduction of any color will be accurate. SUPERVALU makes no representation that content provided on the Site is applicable, lawful or appropriate for access or use in locations outside of the United States and its territories and possessions. SUPERVALU has not reviewed all of the sites to which links appear on the Site and is not responsible for their contents. The inclusion of any such link on the Site is for the user's convenience only and does not imply endorsement by SUPERVALU of any linked site, the use of which is at the user's own risk.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT ARE MADE AVAILABLE BY SUPERVALU AND ACCEPTED BY AUTHORIZED USER "AS IS"; WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, UNINTERRUPTED USE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, OR ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY, ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED.
AUTHORIZED USER AND ANY OTHER USERS OF THE SITE ASSUME ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT MAY BE REVISED, ALTERED AND CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SUPERVALU ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THE SITE OR ITS CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL SUPERVALU BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR CLAIMS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF SUPERVALU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IF ANY WARRANTY DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SUPERVALU UPON ANY CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF THE SITE, ITS USE OR ITS CONTENT SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00).
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
The Site and its contents are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) in The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software Clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software -- Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Contractor/manufacturer is SUPERVALU INC., _______________________.
Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
SUPERVALU maintains and operates the Site from its facilities in Minnesota in the United States of America. Use of the Site and its contents, all transactions arising from use of the Site, and this Agreement, shall in all respects be governed by and interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the state of Minnesota, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute between SUPERVALU and any user of the Site will be venued in a state or federal court situated within the state of Minnesota, and any Authorized User or other user hereby irrevocably submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for that purpose. The parties hereby agree to exclude the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Every provision of this Agreement shall be construed, to the extent possible, so as to be valid and enforceable. If any provision of this Agreement so construed is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed severed from this Agreement, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. SUPERVALU may assign, delegate and/or otherwise transfer this Agreement or its rights and obligations hereunder to any person or entity. Neither a Authorized User nor any other user may assign, delegate or otherwise transfer this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of SUPERVALU . This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. The failure by either party at any time to enforce any of the provisions of this Agreement or any right or remedy available hereunder or at law or in equity, or to exercise any option herein provided, shall not constitute a waiver of such provision, right, remedy or option or in any way affect the validity of this Agreement. The waiver of any default by either party shall not be deemed a continuing waiver, but shall apply solely to the instance to which such waiver is directed. Neither SUPERVALU nor Authorized User shall be liable for any delay or failure in performing any obligation under this Agreement due to any cause beyond its reasonable control. All activities conducted by Authorized User through its use of the Site are subject to the terms and conditions of any existing written agreement between SUPERVALU and Authorized User as supplemented by this Agreement; provided, however, that in the event of express conflict between the terms of such agreements with respect to Authorized User's activities through its use of the Site, this Agreement shall supersede the terms of any other agreement between the parties unless specifically stated otherwise in a particular area of the Site or in such other agreement.
IT IS AT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF THE PARTIES THAT THE PRESENT AGREEMENT BE WRITTEN IN ENGLISH. C'EST Ã LA DEMANDE EXPRESSE DES PARTIES QUE CETTE CONVENTION SOIT RÃDIGÃE EN ANGLAIS. This Agreement, sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between SUPERVALU and Authorized User or any other user of the Site regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior representations, advertisements, statements, proposals, negotiations, discussions, understandings, or agreements regarding the same subject matter. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except by the express, documented agreement of the party against whom the same is sought to be enforced.
SUPERVALU INC. Terms & Conditions of Purchases
THE FOLLOWING TERMS SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO ALL PURCHASES, INCLUDING PURCHASES THROUGH ELECTRONIC MEDIUM.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING SITE USE
SUPERVALU's Forms, any SUPERVALU invoice, any supplemental instructions, current SUPERVALU shipping, billing and routing instructions, Supervalu's Continuing Guaranty and Agreement and these Terms and Conditions (collectively, the "Terms") set forth the entire agreement between Vendor and SUPERVALU with respect to the sale by Vendor and purchase of goods by SUPERVALU. Acceptance of this agreement is expressly limited to the Terms. NEITHER VENDOR'S INVOICE NOR ANY OTHER VENDOR COMMUNICATION SHALL VARY THE TERMS. As used herein, the term "Vendor" shall include manufacturer, supplier, broker, agent and any authorized representative of the foregoing that is using SV Harbor.
B. ACKNOWLEDGMENT of ACCEPTANCE of TERMS
By entering SUPERVALU's SVHarbor system (the "System") and/or by shipping products to SUPERVALU, Vendor expressly accepts and agrees to perform in accordance with the Terms. Vendor accepts responsibility to comply with the Terms not only with respect to products subject to any promotional offer made by Vendor in the System, but also with respect to all other supply of products to SUPERVALU. If, with respect to any form entered herein, Vendor realizes it will be impossible to fulfill all conditions of these Terms, it is Vendor's responsibility to specify in the notes section of the form entered any Terms with which Vendor cannot comply.
SVHarbor subscribers are subject to an annual subscription fee that is deducted from payments to Vendors (brokers are invoiced). Billing takes place every July and covers one year's subscription fees to the SVHarbor portal and all available SVHarbor applications for the following twelve months. The SVHarbor subscription fee is based on a Vendor's annual SUPERVALU sales and the number of Vendor users added to the account. A broker's fees are based on the number of vendors represented. SUPERVALU reserves the right to apply overdue broker payments to a represented vendor. If you have any questions regarding SVHarbor fees or access, please contact
C. SHIPMENT of PRODUCT
Prompt shipment of goods as specified in any order placed with Vendor and timely shipment are all of the essence for this Agreement and if shipment is not effected within the time specified or as required to fulfill SUPERVALU's requirements, SUPERVALU reserves the right, at its option and without limiting its other rights hereunder, to cancel any order, including any special promotions, or reject any goods delivered on an untimely basis and to hold Vendor liable for damages sustained by SUPERVALU as a result of Vendor's failure.()
1. LATE SHIPMENTS: Shipments after the shipping date specified or after the shipping dates required to meet SUPERVALU's needs, will be identified. SUPERVALU will notify Vendor of SUPERVALU's intended disposition of the shipment and/or penalties to be assessed. SUPERVALU may assess Vendor a penalty (amount variable by DC) on those orders shipped past the required shipment date. SUPERVALU reserves the right to (i) return, at Vendor's expense (incoming and outgoing freight and handling charges where applicable), all shipments received after the required shipment date without authorization by SUPERVALU, and (ii) hold Vendor accountable for any special costs incurred by SUPERVALU caused by the late shipment.
2. PARTIAL SHIPMENTS AND BACKORDER POLICY: Partial shipments and/or backorders are acceptable only for the GM/HBC departments, but in any event will not be accepted without SUPERVALU's written authorization. All authorized backorders and partial shipments must arrive on a freight-prepaid basis and priced at the original bracket price. Partial shipments when accepted by SUPERVALU must arrive within SUPERVALU's required shipment dates or within the time frame required by SUPERVALU, and not after the authorized shipment date.
3. OVERAGES, SHORTAGES AND DAMAGES POLICY: The Bill of Lading and Purchase Order will be adjusted to reflect actual quantities at time of product receipt.
D. PROMOTIONS and ALLOWANCES
1. The Vendor will accurately enter the details of a promotional offer in the System by Cluster/RFT group. No promotional offer shall be deemed accepted by SUPERVALU until SUPERVALU acknowledges in written or electronic form SUPERVALU's acceptance of the offer. The terms of SUPERVALU's acceptance shall control over any contrary terms of Vendor's offer. The Vendor is required to:
- Use the correct vendor number
- Select the correct promotion dates
- Enter the correct dollar amount or lump sum
- Enter the correct promotion type
- Enter the correct UPC's for products subject to the promotion
- Select the appropriate D.C.'s/Clusters where the products will be promoted
- Accurately enter shippers and their components
SUPERVALU reserves the right to charge $100 per invoice per D.C. for errors on product obtained by SUPERVALU for any net cost discrepancies caused by the failure to follow these requirements. No charges will be imposed if SUPERVALU created the error.
2. To avoid error charges, Vendor shall communicate any exceptions or unique processing requirements in the Vendor comment section of the Promotion Form. This could include overlapping dates on which Vendor has scheduled promotions with SUPERVALU's affiliates, other products involved in the promotion, missing family group members (UPCs), or special funding arrangements.
3. Vendor may not exclude any like item (i.e.: "Family items") from a promotion without providing a reason in the Vendor comment section of the Promotion Form. Family items are identified as such in the System. SUPERVALU may add such like items to a promotion by notice to Vendor unless SUPERVALU accepts the exclusion of certain Family items based upon the information provided by Vendor. The Vendor will be notified of SUPERVALU's changes to the included items in a promotion, and will have the option to elect not to participate in the promotion. Vendor must notify SUPERVALU within five calendar days of receipt of SUPERVALU's notice, or Vendor will be deemed to have accepted the inclusion of such Family items.
4. The Vendor shall have an adequate supply of product available to meet the demands of the promotion. If Vendor fails to have an adequate supply available, Vendor shall reimburse SUPERVALU for damages incurred by SUPERVALU including, without limitation, the costs incurred for SUPERVALU to obtain substituted goods and the lost profit on sales caused by any shortage.
SUPERVALU offers two payment methods for billback promotional allowances (CMAPS):
- Prepayment through SUPERVALU's Trade Funds Efficiency Program (TFEP).
- Weekly invoicing for CMAP's reflected to retail each week.
6. The Vendor is responsible to maintain, in confidence, user logons into the System and ePromo, which provide access into Vendor's accounts. Vendor shall be responsible for all losses or damage resulting from loss of these logons.
7. Vendor shall inform SUPERVALU about revisions or cancellations in an approved promotion no later than two weeks before the start of the promotion. In the event Vendor fails to so notify SUPERVALU, SUPERVALU reserves the right to charge the Vendor a late cancellation or change fee (variable by region) as well as charging Vendor an amount equal to the profits on the lost sales resulting from such late cancellation or revision based upon the estimated item movement provided by the Vendor.
8. The vendor is responsible for following the Vendor Correspondences procedures below in order to resolve their correspondence questions and requests:
Access is assigned to the appropriate user by the vendor or broker SVHarbor Administrator. Contact the administrator to obtain a user name and password. To find out who the administrator is, or to request access to ePASS, e-mail email@example.com
ePASS Correspondence Procedures
SUPERVALU utilizes SVHarbor ePASS (Partner Accounting Self Service) to address correspondence requests. The application allows trading partners electronic access to obtain copies of deductions, view the payment status of invoices and submit other requests, which are automatically routed to the appropriate area or person, who can best respond to the inquiry. The status of requests can be monitored and requesters will receive updates via email regarding the assignment, status and resolution of inquiries. Items older than 18 months, not previously presented, will not be researched.
Copies of deductions can be accessed by document number, date range or net amount. If the document cannot be located on ePASS, or additional backup is required, click on "Create PASS#" to submit a request for further information.
PAYMENT STATUS SEARCH (Vendors Only)
Payment information can be accessed by PO number, document number, net amount or location. The results include the applicable document date, due date, check number, check date and bank clear date. If payment information cannot be located on ePASS, or additional information is required, click on "Create PASS#" to submit a request for further information.
Inquiries are created through Document Search and Payment Status Search. Supporting documentation should be scanned and attached to the request. If repayment of a disputed deduction is denied, the PASS# may be re-opened, one time, in order to provide additional information or clarification. If repayment is denied again and the dispute remains unresolved, the deduction escalation process should be followed. This process takes place outside the ePASS application
Deduction Escalation Process (Supply Chain Services Only)
a. In most cases, the location promotion or category manager will make the decision on the deduction in question.
b. If it is not possible to resolve the issue at this level, the next step is for the vendor to meet with the location product director.
c. If the issue is still unresolved, the vendor should meet with the location vice president of category management. The vendor should allow 30 days before going to the next level
d. If the vendor has not been able to reach agreement after a meeting with the vice president of category management, we must be at a point of serious policy-to-policy differences between our two companies.
e. At this point, the vendor should redirect the discussions to the product department at our Home Office. Prior to having discussions with SUPERVALU Home Office, it is mandatory that the vendor provide full documentation of each meeting that has occurred with the location to include:
- Dates of meetings to resolve the deductions
- Names and titles of the SUPERVALU and vendor representatives in attendance for the meetings
- Location response and disposition for each deduction in dispute
If this information is incomplete, SUPERVALU Home Office will not attempt to resolve the issue until such time as all supporting documentation is available.
CORPORATE COUPON DEDUCTIONS
SUPERVALU's Corporate Coupons are processed by International Outsourcing Services. Vendors can access coupon invoice detail within a deduction summary record, for twelve months, via an internet site maintained by International Outsourcing Services.
International Outsourcing Services Internet Site Procedures
a. Log on to web site www.id-infotrac.com
b. Click on the line labeled "Retailer Coupon Redemption".
c. Type in a user verification code of "SECRET" (in capital letters). Click Accept.
d. Click on the SUPERVALU icon.
e. Click on the orange link labeled "Manufacturer Deductions".
f. The next page to appear is the Deduction Lookup page.
g. Input the SUPERVALU Vendor # and Deduction #, both of which appear on the check remittance. Corporate Coupon document numbers are in the format 99SV#######. When entering the Deduction #, enter everything except the 99SV (including the leading zeroes).
h. Press the "Search" button.
i. The next page to appear will identify the individual invoices within the summarized deduction.
j. Limited invoice detail is available by clicking on the invoice #. For lower level information such as store level detail and reason for denial, access the website of the clearinghouse (http://www.nchmarketing.com/us/index.asp, www.cms.inmar.com ), using the invoice #'s retrieved from the IOS website, www.id-infotrac.com, as the key to the clearinghouse detail.
VENDOR CORRESPONDENCE OUTSIDE OF ePASS
It is SUPERVALU's expectation that trading partners will use the SVHarbor ePASS application for all inquiries. For the limited number of partners that are unable to support or use ePASS, correspondence requests can be made as follows:
Scanning ability is required to attach documents
Postal mail to:
PO Box 9340
Minneapolis, MN 55440
Supply Chain Regions: Advantage Logistics, Eastern, Midwest/Southeast, Northern/Northwest, W. Newell & Co., Western
Retail Banners: Cub, Farm Fresh, Hornbacher's, Save a Lot, Shoppers
Non Resale Processing Only: biggs, Shop 'n Save
E. CHANGES in PRICE and OTHER VENDOR INFORMATION
The Vendor will notify SUPERVALU of any price change on products supplied to SUPERVALU with sufficient lead time in advance of the effective date of the price change. Specific required lead times will be established by department and could be revised periodically. All changes must be submitted in writing or electronically to SUPERVALU on SUPERVALU's Cost Change Form.
The Vendor will promptly provide SUPERVALU Vendor Correspondence an update as to pertinent information regarding their accounts such as manufacturer changes, change of product line changes as well as change of street address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.
F. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTY and INDEMNIFICATION
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By submitting a promotional form to SUPERVALU and/or supplying products to SUPERVALU, Vendor represents and warrants that:
1. all intellectual property or proprietary rights in any product, product information, product pabels, product packaging, nutritional content, and other advertising copy, including any photographs, images or other content delivered by Vendor (collectively, "Product IP Rights") are owned by Vendor or Vendor is authorized to use and further license (and does further license to SUPERVALU) the Product IP Rights in connection with the use, sale and marketing of the products, and Vendor is authorized to sell the products that incorporate such Product IP Rights to SUPERVALU for use or further resale.
2. products, including any labeling, advertising and promotional materials, comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to California's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5, the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, as amended by the Food Safety and Modernization Act ("FSMA") and rules and regulations adopted thereunder (collectively, the "FD&C Act") and further including, where applicable, rules and regulations promulgated by the United States Department of Agriculture ("USDA"), including, but not limited to, the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard. In addition, products are (a) not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the FD&C Act, where applicable; (b) not articles that are prohibited from being introduced into interstate commerce under the FD&C Act, where applicable; (c) not prohibited under any public health, safety or environmental, or any other laws, regulations or ordinances of any state or other government authority which are applicable to such shipment; and (d) merchantable and fit for their intended purpose, fit for human consumption, where applicable, and able to pass without objection in trade.
3. to the extent any products consist of or contain CBD or hemp, or are derived from hemp, such products are (a) are outside the Controlled Substance Act definition of marijuana, as set out in 21 U.S.C. § 802(16); (b) are derived from the mature stalks of the Cannabis sativa L. plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks, fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination; (c) are not derived from resin; and (d) do not contain a delta9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis; in addition, (e) if the product is consumable, all the ingredients in the product are Generally Recognized As Safe by FDA under their intended conditions of use.
4. non-food products (a) conform to the specifications for such product; (b) are merchantable; (c) are free from defects in workmanship, materials and packaging; (d) are free from defects in construction and design; (e) are fit and sufficient for the purpose for which they are intended and/or which is stated on any packaging, labeling or advertising; and (f) are equivalent in materials, quality, fit, finish, workmanship, performance and design to any samples submitted to and approved by SUPERVALU.
5. vendor and all employees and agents involved in the manufacturing, processing or delivery of the products strictly adhere to all applicable laws and regulations, including with respect to the operation of its business and production facilities, business and labor practices, and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (if applicable). Vendor further adheres to all applicable laws and regulations regarding slavery and human trafficking and Vendor makes best efforts to mitigate the risks of human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain, to include, where appropriate, auditing Vendor's supply chain.
6. neither Vendor nor its principals (owners/senior officials) are debarred or suspended from U.S. Government procurement programs under the rules prescribed at Title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Subpart 9.4 (48 C.F.R. §§ 9.400-9.409), and Vendor will promptly (and in no event in more than 15 days) notify SUPERVALU of any change in this status, including Vendor's receipt of any notice proposing Vendor for debarment or suspension.
The Vendor further represents and warrants that:
1. all products provided by Vendor are delivered at the prices stated on the front hereof or at lower prices and upon any better terms and discounts prevailing at the time of shipment.
2. the net price to SUPERVALU on any order is no higher than the net price charged by Vendor to any of SUPERVALU's competitors for products of like grade and quality within a reasonably contemporaneous period.
3. in the event of a product recall or other withdrawal, Vendor will reimburse SUPERVALU for all costs involved in removing such products from the stores and distribution centers; the handling, reshipment to Vendor or destruction of such products, and all replenishment costs. These provisions shall survive any inspection, delivery, acceptance of, or payment by SUPERVALU for the products.
In the event product is returned, Buyer will process a chargeback to the Vendor for the quantity and product price being returned. Chargebacks processed for returned product are reviewed against Vendor's current accounts payable status. If the Vendor's accounts payable status is active and supports the value of the return, the chargeback will be approved. If the Vendor's current accounts payable activity doesn't support the value of the return, the chargeback will be denied and other arrangements will need to be made between the Buyer and the Vendor.
Guaranteed Sale of Product: Vendor agrees that if after 90 days a new product is not meeting or exceeding the agreed upon weekly sales quantity, then the product may be discontinued by SUPERVALU. When a new or existing item has been active for 90 days or more, SUPERVALU may at its discretion notify the Vendor by written notice that it has elected to discontinue specific items and the Vendor or agent has 15 days to provide disposition instructions to SUPERVALU. Without instructions, and at the end of the 15 days SUPERVALU will dispose of the product and will deduct the original cost of the product on the next remit payment to the Vendor.
Indemnification: Vendor will defend, indemnify and hold SUPERVALU, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "indemnified parties"), harmless from and against any damages, liabilities, losses, costs, or expenses (including attorneys' fees) (collectively, "Damages") incurred by the indemnified parties and to the extent resulting from a claim alleging any of the following:
1. breach of these Terms;
2. the negligence or willful misconduct of Vendor;
3. the death or injury to any person, damage to any property, or any other damage or loss resulting or claimed to have resulted, in whole or in part, from: any quality or other defect in the product, whether latent or patent; failure of the product to comply with any express or implied warranties; any claim of strict liability in tort relating to the product; or the acts or omission of any of Vendor's vendors, co-packers, sub-contractors or service providers; or,
4. any recalls or market withdrawals associated with the product.
The prices quoted to SUPERVALU shall be binding on Vendor in the event Vendor ships the product to SUPERVALU, notwithstanding that the product shipped is received and accepted at the destination with accompanying documents indicating prices higher than previously stated, unless prior to such shipment SUPERVALU has been advised of any such price increases(s) and SUPERVALU consents in writing thereto (Excluding Fresh Produce). SUPERVALU's acceptance of the product shipped at prices in excess of the prices herein stated shall not be construed to be an acceptance of a counteroffer.
H. INVOICING INSTRUCTIONS
Unless stated to the contrary, Vendor will provide a separate invoice with each Purchase Order and/or delivery. Each invoice must show the D.C. name and number, department and if applicable, the order number and the number of cartons shipped under each invoice. SUPERVALU reserves the rights to charge back to Vendor any extra costs arising from Vendor's failure to comply with the above instructions.
- Due Dates are calculated from Receipt of Goods or invoice date, whichever is later.
- All EDI vendors should be transmitting invoices electronically. If an invoice is not transmitted, then we will pay manually from a hard copy, thus causing a possible delay in payment. In instances where we have to process and invoice manually, the due date is determined by the date we receive the invoice in Central Disbursements. A processing fee per invoice is assessed when errors occur on the vendor's side that requires hard copies of the invoices to be manually processed
- If hard copies of invoices are received in Central Disbursements past the term date, discounts will still be calculated. A Manual reconciliation of invoices is only necessary when there are costing differences. When research is required to resolve and reconcile an invoice, a processing fee is assessed.
- SUPERVALU pays invoices in full and creates a separate transaction for any necessary deduction using the same invoice number.
- Checks are cut on scheduled due dates. If a due date falls on a weekend, the check will be cut on the following Monday. If a due date falls on a bank holiday, the check will be cut the next business day.
- If there is a contra balance, checks are not issued until the balance becomes a payable. Discounts are still calculated. Vendor statements are provided monthly, if a contra balance exists.
- SUPERVALU only guarantees cash in bank when a vendor has met the prerequisites and been approved for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) benefit.
I. PACKING and MARKING INSTRUCTIONS
Vendor shall be responsible to mark all cartons with Vendor's name and specific case/item UPC information (as applicable). An invoice must be included with each shipment.
J. SHIPPING, ROUTING and RELATED INSTRUCTIONS
SUPERVALU's policy with regard to the shipment of product to SUPERVALU is as follows:
1. The carrier must coordinate an appointment time to deliver the product to SUPERVALU's respective distribution center. Failure to do so may result in a financial penalty, which varies by distribution in addition to delayed unloading.
2. All shipments having the same destination on the same day must be combined and shipped on a single bill of lading, at the same price bracket, including shipments consigned to a freight consolidator.
K. FAIRSHARE RESET AND SCHEMATIC DEDUCTIONS
SUPERVALU has a mandated reset/cut-in program. By requesting a new item be placed within any SUPERVALU Banner (including Cub franchise stores) Vendor agrees to pay its fairshare of the necessary work to cut-in the items through SUPERVALU's program. Failure by Vendor to provide payment or labor for the fairshare cut-in work will result in a deduction by SUPERVALU.
SUPERVALU has a Vendor Supported Schematic Program. Vendor is required to have an agreement with SUPERVALU's schematic provider. In the event that Vendor does not have an agreement with SUPERVALU's schematic provider, SUPERVALU will deduct the amount of Vendor's fair share amount.
L. UNSALEABLES DISPOSITION and REIMBURSEMENT
The Vendor agrees to follow SUPERVALU's Unsaleable Product Policy; as such policy may be modified by SUPERVALU periodically on the reimbursement, handling and disposition of unsaleable product from retail stores and warehouses through reclamation facilities. This policy addresses reimbursement for unsaleable product in the grocery, frozen, dairy, general merchandise, and health and beauty care product groups.
Written Agreement by SUPERVALU is required before any swell allowance program is authorized. This includes any swell allowances that are passed on to the retailer in the form of an allowance or in the cost of the product.
Reimbursement by the Vendor to SUPERVALU for all unsaleable product returned will be calculated based upon each item's list cost and the cost of handling that item in the supply system, unless that Vendor is on a SUPERVALU accepted swell allowance program. Each Vendor may choose the disposition of their product. If no disposition is chosen, their product will be disposed of at the discretion of the reclamation center. This is the most economical chute as product is sold immediately for salvage to authorized salvage dealers.
M. ADDITIONAL REMEDIES
In the event of Vendor's breach, SUPERVALU reserves the right to:
1. Return at Vendor's risk and expense (incoming and outgoing freight and handling charges when applicable) all product shipped in excess of order, before ship date or after cancellation date specified, shipped different from agreement or which is not equivalent to samples or specifications submitted or examined on which order is placed. It is understood that SUPERVALU's return of product rights shall apply to all product when found to be defective any time prior to resale and for which SUPERVALU allows the customer a refund or credit and upon the return of the defective product, SUPERVALU shall have the right to charge back to Vendor the cost thereof, the freight involved and a handling charge.
2. Deduct any excess transportation charges accruing due to shipment moving over route or mode of transit other than that designated or due to product being forwarded in more than one shipment.
3. Cancel any shipments in whole or the undelivered portion, without further liability hereunder, in case of fire, strike, act of God, casualty or any other cause beyond SUPERVALU's control, materially affecting any of SUPERVALU's operations.
The above rights are not exclusive; SUPERVALU shall be entitled to alternatively or cumulatively to damages for breach of this purchase order, an order requiring performance, or to any other remedy available at law or equity.
N. OTHER PROVISIONS
1. SUPERVALU may set off against amounts payable under these Terms, or pursuant to any sale by Vendor to SUPERVALU, all present and future indebtedness of the Vendor to SUPERVALU, or any of its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, arising from this transaction or any other transaction, whether or not related.
2. Laws of the State of Minnesota hereunder shall govern these Terms and any disputes.
3. SUPERVALU is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a federal contractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, to the extent applicable, they will comply with Executive Order 11246, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Section 503 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and also agree that these laws are incorporated herein by this reference. The contractor also agrees to comply with the provisions of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
4. In the event that the Vendor owes SUPERVALU any amount that remains unpaid, Vendor is liable for that amount plus interest at the highest legally allowed rate, cost of collection (including attorney's fees.)
5. These Terms supersede all other agreements or understandings (oral or written) and is intended by the parties to be a final expression of their agreement and the terms thereof. No prior course of dealing between the parties and no usage of trade shall be relevant to or supplement any term hereof.
6. Vendor may not assign or delegate its rights or duties under this purchase order without the written consent of SUPERVALU. SUPERVALU may assign or delegate its rights and duties under this purchase order without Vendor's consent.
7. The Terms embody the entire agreement and understanding of the parties hereto in respect of Vendor's supply of products to SUPERVALU. The Terms supersede all prior agreements and understandings between the parties with respect to such subject matter. In the event of a conflict between the Terms and any purchase order, order confirmation or similar document, the Terms shall prevail. The Terms may be modified, amended or discharged only by a written instrument duly executed by both of the parties hereto.
8. SUPERVALU shall not be deemed to have waived any rights in the Terms unless such waiver is in writing and signed by SUPERVALU. No delay or omission on the part of SUPERVALU in exercising any right contained in the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or any other right. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar to or waiver of any right on any future occasion.
Last updated: July 2, 2020
NETWORK SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing and using the Site through network services provided by or through SUPERVALU INC. or
one of its affiliates (SUPERVALU INC. and its affiliates are collectively referred to as "SUPERVALU" below),
you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below ("the Network Services Terms and Conditions").
If you do not agree with any of the Network Services Terms and Conditions, you are not authorized to
accept or use the Network Services, as defined below, for any purpose.
1. Definitions. In these Network Services Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall be defined as set forth below:
1.1 "Data Protection Rules" means all (i) federal, state, and local data privacy and data protection laws and regulations,
including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and its implementing rules and regulations and
(ii) rules, regulations, terms of service, guidelines, standards, or other similar directives issued by non-governmental
entities governing or relating to privacy and confidentiality of personal information, including the
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI Standard") and other mandates and requirements of
credit card associations governing security of cardholder data.
1.2 "Network Services" means the network services and equipment provided to you by SUPERVALU,
either directly or through a third-party vendor such as VendorSafe Technologies, LLC.
1.3 "VPN Service Agreement" means any VPN Service Agreement or other agreement between you and SUPERVALU as to Network Services.
1.4 "You" means the entity to whom SUPERVALU is providing Network Services.
2. Data Protection Rules. You are fully responsible for complying with the Data Protection Rules applicable to you.
You shall indemnify and defend SUPERVALU and its officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, and
agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, and expenses arising out of, or having to do with,
any claims, actions, or proceedings brought by third parties that are based on allegations which, if true,
would constitute a failure by you to comply with the Data Protection Rules.
3. Retailer Information. In the course of providing Network Services or other goods or services to you,
SUPERVALU may be provided with, or given access to, information about you, your business, your owners, officers, or employees,
or your customers, including, but not limited to, ordering data and point of sale data (collectively, "Retailer Information").
You authorize such disclosure of Retailer Information to, and access of Retailer Information by, SUPERVALU and further authorize
SUPERVALU to use Retailer Information for purposes of SUPERVALU.s business. SUPERVALU, however,
without first obtaining your consent, will not disclose Retailer Information to any third party (other than its officers,
directors, employees, third-party service providers, agents, and representatives) in any manner that would allow it to be
identifiable to you or your owners, officers, employees, or customers.
4. Not Security Consultant. You acknowledge and agree that SUPERVALU is not acting as your
security consultant or advisor and that you are solely responsible for protecting your systems and any data stored,
processed, handled, or transmitted by you against loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized access.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties. SUPERVALU PROVIDES THE NETWORK SERVICES TO YOU "ASÂ IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE,"
WITH ANY AND ALL FAULTS. SUPERVALU DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
AS TO THE NETWORK SERVICES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES ABOUT THE NETWORK SERVICES. MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CONDITION, TYPE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND QUALITY. Without limiting the generality of the
foregoing disclaimer, SUPERVALU specifically disclaims (a)Â any warranty that you will be in compliance with
the PCI STANDARD as a result of obtaining the NETWORK Services and (b)Â any warranty that unauthorized access
cannot be obtained to your systemS or that the data stored, processed, handled, or transmitted by you is
protected against loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized access.
6. Liability Limitations. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SUPERVALU be liable to YOU or to any
third party for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, REVENUE, OR GOODWILL AND DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION,
THAT arisE out of, or havE to do with, THe NETWORK sERVICES, ANY VPN sERVICE AGREEMENT, OR THE
BREACH OF ANY VPN service AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR ANY
OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY OR RECOVERY, even if SUPERVALU has been advised of the possibility of
THOSE damages, and YOU shall indemnify and defend SUPERVALU AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES,
SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, and representatives against THOSE damages. In no event WILL SUPErVALU.S
CUMULATIVE liability to YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS arising out of, or having to do with, any NETWORK SERVICEs,
ANY VPN SERVICE AGREEMENT, OR THE BREACH OF ANY vpn service AGREEMENT exceed the amount of the
fees paid by YOU TO SUPERVALU for NETWORK Services during the 12?month period IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING
THE DATE ON WHICH THE most recent event giving rise to liability occurred.
7. Force Majeure. "Force Majeure Event" means the occurrence of a fire, flood, earthquake, element of nature, or
act of God; civil disorder, rebellion, or revolution in any country; or any other event beyond SUPERVALU.S reasonable control that
delays or prevents SUPERVALU, directly or indirectly, from performing its obligations to provide Network Services.
If a Force Majeure Event occurs, SUPERVALU will promptly notify you of the circumstances hindering its performance,
in which case SUPERVALU will be excused from further performance or observance of the obligations so affected for
as long as the Force Majeure Event continues.
8. VPN Service Agreement. These Network Services Terms and Conditions are in addition to the
terms and conditions in any VPN Service Agreements in effect between SUPERVALU and you.
If any conflict exists between these Network Services Terms and Conditions and a VPN Service Agreement,
these Network Services Terms and Conditions will be controlling.
Last revised 06/18/2013